Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Don't hold back...

I have found it difficult to let myself become vulnerable with my blog these past couple of weeks.  I have felt GOD's calling to do so....but because of fear, I hold back.  I have let worry take over my desire to blog.    I have listened to the world instead of GOD.  I admit it, and I continue to pray about it.

Have you ever felt a strong desire to say something to someone, yet you don't because you are afraid how they might react?  Father, I give this concern to you, and I continue to ask for you to give me the courage I need, to do what you want me to do.

Yesterday, I was made aware of something my husband did that made me very proud of him.  You see...my husband doesn't hold back.  He has always said what is on his mind.  Often times, I have judged him for this, but more recently I commend him for it.

My daughter has adopted a new set of "grandparents".  We have new neighbors across the street and Jessica has been visiting them daily for the last couple of weeks.   They are a retired couple and seem to really enjoy her daily visits.  At least for now; I do hope she does not wear-out her welcome.  I worry about that, and have mentioned it to them several times, but they insist they look forward to her ringing their door bell.

Yesterday, I looked out my window and noticed she was helping them decorate their yard with Christmas lights and candy canes, and a beautiful sleigh with reindeer and a waving Santa Claus.  I walked across the street to make sure she was not getting in the way.  He insisted she was a delight and part of the reason they were decorating.   He continued to explain that it had been seven years since they celebrated Christmas, or decorated at all; not even a Christmas tree had been on display in their home.  Seven years!  I was shocked!  He explained to me that due to a "falling out" with his daughter, they no longer had a reason to celebrate Christmas.  They have two grandchildren and have not spent Christmas with them in seven years!

They mentioned this to my husband a few days ago, and something my husband said to them, made them change their minds about Christmas.  My husband in a matter of words, said to them that they were going about it all wrong.   He explained to them, their pride was overtaking their love!

Yesterday, my neighbor told me it was because of what my husband said to him, that made him change.
Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else. (1 Thessalonians 5:15 NIV)

He decided to stop being prideful and share his love! They are going "all out" this year; their outdoor lights blink to the sound of Christmas music and with Jessica's encouragement their home will resemble a gingerbread house by the weekend!

I invited them to celebrate Christmas with our family, but my real hope is that they decline for a reason that they will be sharing it with their daughter and her family instead for the first time in seven years.

My husband made a difference because he didn't hold back!  Can you imagine what a difference we can make, if we just listen and let the Holy Spirit talk for us?

Please pray for me....I don't want to hold back!

For day after day they seek me out;
they seem eager to know my ways,
as if they were a nation that does what is right
and has not forsaken the commands of its God.
They ask me for just decisions
and seem eager for God to come near them. (Isaiah 58:2 NIV)



1 comment:

  1. You know, I can see how your daughter might brighten your neighbor's day!

    ReplyDelete