Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Why do I blog

Ever since I learned about the blog world, I have wanted to have a blog of my own. I have kept many personal journals through the years. It has always been such good self-therapy!

Jotting down my thoughts has never been an issue; but starting a blog has certainly been a difficult task. Geesh, from trying to set up a username, a name for the blog itself, and address url for the blog, and typing up a profile....it is a wonder I am still interested in blogging at all!

I have hesitated to do this in the first place. Will anyone even read it? Do I WANT anyone to read it? Do I feel as comfortable with what I share, knowing that ANYONE has access to reading it? Will I write what I really think, knowing that I might be judged? Then, I had a nice long talk (weeks of talking actually) with GOD. And you know what, it doesn't matter, because HE is the ONLY Judge!

So, here I am....
Today, I want to share something I read. I was given a gift of a new bible this afternoon, and in the front cover was note from Biblica, Inc. titled "The DRAMA of the Bible in Six Acts. I am going to quote a segment:

"We can say the story of the Bible is a drama. The key to a drama is that it has to be acted out, performed, lived. It can't remain as only words on a page. A drama is an activated story. The Bible was written so we could enter into its story. It is meant to be lived. All of us, live our lives as a drama. We are on stage every single day. What will we say? What will we do? According to which story will we live? If we are not answering these questions with the biblical script, we will follow another. We can't avoid living by someone's stage instructions, even if merely our own. This is why another key to engaging the Bible well is to recognize that its story has not ended. God's saving action continues. We are all invited to take up our own roles in this ongoing story of redemption and new creation. So. welcome to the drama of the Bible. Welcome to the story of how God intends to renew your life, and the life of the world. God himself is calling you to engage with his word."

Well, how could I not start a blog after reading that? God gave me my blog name today! I want to write according to HIS will, as I share My Story in The Story. Come along with me; maybe HE will speak to you too *wink*


2 comments:

  1. Oh, Kathy!!! How exciting! I would love to hear the story of how you received your blog name!!

    Hugs to you!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My blog name came from reading that excerpt from the bible. I want to blog about my story in THE story (GOD's story).

      Delete