Sunday, September 30, 2012

Content in my own circumstances

You ever go to someone's house and wish you lived there?  You ever see a beautiful girl, and wish you looked like her?  You ever walk in a store, and want to buy everything in it?  
I am wiling to admit, I have done all of these things, and I have done them recently!

The Holy Spirit overwhelmed me today at church through Pastor Tom's message.  
Here are a few scriptures from today's message:

"Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness." James 3:18
"Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.  The eyes of The Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their cry.  Pslam 34:14-15
"A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones" Proverbs 14:30
"Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife." Proverbs 17:1

That last one really hit home with me.  Pastor Tom made the following statement: "It is not quantity, it is quality that brings peace."

I spent way too much time yesterday wanting my home to have more stuff in it.  I spent way too much time wishing I could afford plastic surgery and make myself more beautiful.  I can't tell you how humbled I am right now!  

When I arrived back home from today's church service, I looked real hard in the mirror and walked around my beautiful home and kept repeating "Thank you God", "Thank you God", Thank you God".

I spent sometime in prayer and then opened up my bible to Philipeans 4.  HIS words rang loud once again in verses 11-12..."Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.  I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need."

I sure have a lot to be thankful for...

1 comment:

  1. This is a great lesson to learn and live by Kathy! Wanting what you have...

    ReplyDelete