Monday, October 1, 2012

Vulnerability

I allowed myself to be very vulnerable today.  I have done so in the past, but not under God's instruction.  Today was different.  I had nothing to prove; therefore I was not humiliated.  Instead, I was blessed tremendously!  

I have learned, if you know who you are in Christ, your personal ego is not an issue.  This was such a great lesson for me.  When I gave my testimony to live for Jesus, I meant it; and I am truly being blessed in more ways than I can count!

I have a purpose!

My son came home today feeling inadequate.  I asked the Holy Spirit to guide me to say the right thing to comfort him.  I will spare the details for his own privacy.  Nonetheless, I was able to help him find his own purpose.  After we talked, we prayed together and then I gave him this scripture:

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, (Colossians 3:23 NIV)  Now, he has a purpose!  

I too have experienced the feeling of being inadequate.  It is not healthy.  Satan dwells on our vulnerability and our insecurities, but as Christians we must remember to remain confident in Christ to humble ourselves.  If we are not able to go outside of our comfort zone, we will never know the one thing that is pleasing to Christ.   Trust in HIM, and listen closely, he will not let you perish.  God's way is the safe way; the right way!  

1 comment:

  1. Kathy, this is good stuff! How wonderful to share such a special moment with your son.

    ReplyDelete