Friday, October 19, 2012

My most precious gift, my husband.

He did state that if I do blog, that I make sure I leave him out of it...but I insisted that it would be near impossible since My story involves him too.  (I think he will forgive me for this one, besides he doesn't read my blog anyway, so what he doesn't know, won't hurt him, sshhh)

I have not had any inspriation to blog this week.  It is not that I have not wanted to, but I just promised myself that I would wait for the right moment.  I try to let the Holy Spirit guide me when I need to blog.  It really does make it so much easier!

I am sad to report that I did not make it to church this past weekend, so I am viewing the service online tonight.  Wouldn't you know it, that in the middle of the video I was inspired to blog about the love of my life!

I do intend to finish the video, but I had to pop on and type out my thoughts!

My husband is such a gift from God to me!  I have said this more than once, in fact, I have a journal to prove it!  Now, I admit, that I have had some pretty serious trials with this man, in fact, we have almost been divorced twice.  But, God really did gift Chris to me!  I know that divorce will NEVER be a word mentioned or a thought provoked EVER again!  Especially, since after 20 years we are finally following Christ together!  I have prayed for this relationship and my prayers have been answered!

Chris is truly an amazing man!  He is not a quitter!  I have given him so many reason to give up on our marriage, and I have called him "idiot" more times than I can count, but one thing I know is he has never stopped loving me and for that I am truly grateful!  God gifted this man to me, and I
intend to cherish HIS gift for the rest of my life!

Chris and I have been married for 20 years.  I can for the first time in my marriage think back on the trials we have encountered without fear that they will return.  I can say with  confidence now, that Chris and I are soul mates!  I don't care to share the details of my marriage troubles because I want the Healer glorified, not the hurt.  It is more important that you know, I am more in love with him now that I ever have been and I have no doubt that he is more in love with me than he ever has been!

Chris and I had never followed Christ as a couple.  I have prayed for Chris to know Christ as I know HIM, but I really was not completely convinced my prayers were ever going to be answered.

God allowed a lot of bad things to happen with my marriage to Chris, but he did not authorize them!  My marriage is strong because I covered it with prayer.    HE protected my marriage and HE made it stronger than ever!

Thank you Father for gifting me Chris!

So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate." (Matthew 19:6 NIV)


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely tribute to Chris, your marriage and your walk together. Marriage is certainly a journey, with ups and downs.

    Be aware...sometimes husbands read blogs w/o letting on! :-)

    Love you Kathy!

    ReplyDelete