Friday, October 26, 2012

Raising a little girl

Dear God, 
I don't want to raise my child to always want earthly treasures.  I want her to long to know Jesus and know how to live as he did!  I want her to store her treasures in heaven, not here on earth!  

My daughter will be heading off to kindergarten soon and attending a public school.  I want to shelter her from many of the things I already see most girls her age doing.  What is typical for a four year old girl to expereince at such a young age?  

Well, around here...most are attending pop concerts, riding in limousines, getting professional pedicures, wearing hair extensions, going to the movies, own multiple American Girl dolls (this is one I am trying to avoid), and fighting over boys already!  What will they have to look forward to as teenagers?  

What happened to innocense?  I want my little girl to wake up thanking Jesus for side walk chalk, trees to climb, parks, crayons, finger paint, having pretend tea parties with her stuffed animals, and Sesame Street! 
  
Forgive me Lord, for presenting anything unGodly to my child.  Father, Your Word says "seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Matthew 6:33  Help me, help her seek You first!

Father, today I seek discernment and wisdom for raising my little girl.
I want to raise her as Your Word instructs.  Help me understand when temptations arise to give her things that are not necessary.  Help me not spoil my little girl.   It is in Your son Jesus name I pray, and thank you for giving Him to me, and thank you for giving me Jessica to raise according to Your will!

2 Timothy 3: 14-17 

But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.



No comments:

Post a Comment