Thursday, October 4, 2012

Oblivious

Did I mention I am reading "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore.  It is an in-depth Bible study made into a reader-friendly version.  I am becoming a bit obsessed with Beth Moore these days, so when I saw the book on the shelf in my church lobby, I had to purchase it!

In the chapter I read today, I was given an assignment to think back on a time in my life that brought hardship.  I couldn't think of any!    I kept shrugging my shoulders thinking I guess I am just a lucky one.  Then, that answer wasn't good enough, so I dug deeper for a reason.  I prayed.

And then it came to me!
It is because I am selfish!  I make myself oblivious to everything bad around me. 
I don't watch the news, I don't read the paper, I completely guard myself from any personal relationships outside of my own family.   I can't comprehend hardships and I don't want to!

There, I admit it!  I avoid the world, because I fear hardship!
God help me be more aware of others struggles; help me so I can help them.  But, please do not make it so that I have to experience these hardships in order to understand them.  



No comments:

Post a Comment