Thursday, November 8, 2012

Enlightened in 2012 - Part 1

I have been on a self-worth journey since the beginning of 2012 and nearing the year end, I am finally enlightened!   I feel the need to point out, that it has not always been so easy for me to be so open and vulnerable with my personal business.     But I DO know that it sure is easier when GOD instructs you to do it, and I trust HE is using me to do a great work.

So on to more personal stuff...
In 2010, I was the heaviest and saddest I had every been.  I was 50 pounds too heavy for my frame, and my marriage was failing for like the sixth time!  (This is yet another blog, I am sure GOD is leading me to write, but I have some more to pray about before I provide details on that subject.)

I discovered a weight loss protocol "Pounds and Inches", that was actually discovered by Dr. A.T.W. Simeons sometime in the early 1960's, but the American diet industry suppressed it for 40 years.  I researched this protocol for several months before I actually decided to try it.  It worked; I lost 50 pounds in four months following the protocol using HCG Hormone diet drops.

I documented my weight loss with a video diary on the internet, and I met several other "dieters" who also did the same thing.  A few of the women decided to meet and run a half-marathon together.  I had only flown in a plane less than five times in my life, and never once alone, so you can imagine my family's reaction when I said I was going to do this.   I was rediscovering myself!  I was that skinny girl again, that happy-go-lucky, no care in the world girl, again!  The women I met, knew that girl...ME, but I had forgotten who she was.  That girl had been missing for 10 years, and entire decade!

Well, I managed to maintain my weightloss for a year and half.  Life was good, I was confident again, and my marriage was better than it ever had been.  Until, I started gaining back some of the weight.  I immediately became lost again.  My self-esteem was dwindling, and I found myself depressed with very low self-esteem and my marriage was failing worse than ever before!  With every pound I gained, I found myself disliking myself all over again!

But wait...the HCG Diet...it worked before...yeah, I went on that roller coaster ride a few more times, but why wasn't it working the way it did before?
I have so much more to tell you, but I will have to conclude this part of my journey in another post...




No comments:

Post a Comment