Sunday, November 18, 2012

Invisible Friend

I have been wondering when I would be inspired to write again.  Not much has moved me this week. Something about Sundays that gives me a boost!  I couldn't wait to come home and write today.

This has been an interesting week.  My four year old has entered a new stage of imagination!

Jessica is with me all day; we are with other preschoolers in the mornings, but since school started there are no children in the neighborhood, so Jessica gets lonely in the afternoons.  Chris has been busier than usual with work, and her brothers have a new video game, so she has not had the attention she is used to having, and I have had my fill of her, if you know what I mean.

On our way to the grocery store this week, Jessica introduced me to her new "friends".  She informed me they were in the back seat of our car, and asked me if it was okay if they come in the store with us.  I am embarrassed to tell you my response was not very nice.  I said,  "Jessica, I am so tired and really wanted you to stay home with Michael, so, no, your friends will just have to wait in the car!"  She seemed to realize my lack of imagination at the time, so she decided to appease me.   When we got back to the car, she apologized to her friends for making them wait, and promised a tea party with them as soon as we got home.  She then told me I could come too, but suggested I take a nap first.   I have not been inspired to blog until today.

These "friends" have moved into our home!   On the way to church this morning, she informed her brother Michael that he would have to sit in the middle seat between her and Matt instead of the very back where he usually sits, because her friends were already back there.   My 13 year old was not too happy to sit in the narrow middle seat, but due to his little sister's persistance, he appeased HER this time.  

My husband, however, is a man of extreme patience when it comes to Jessica and her imagination!  He went right along with everything she and her "friends" had to say this morning.    He managed to calm Michael down and enlight us all!  He suggested Jessica add 1 more friends to her group.  He suggested she add Jesus!  My husband is a genius!

I know I am thrilled to have Jesus as my invisible friend, and I LOVE that HE is every where I go!  Even when I forget He is there.  My pastor said it best...GOD LOVES U-TURNS!   I took a big U-turn on the way to church this morning in regards to Jessica and her "friends".  I am thrilled she has these "friends" and even more excited that Jesus has joined the group!

You know what?  Once you become a Christ follower, you never have to be alone!  GOD is everywhere, and HE is always right beside you!  Talk to HIM, HE is listening!  He wants to be in your life!

If you have not accepted Jesus as your personal savior, it is never too late.

1. Confess your sins and admit that you are a sinner. See Romans 3:10
2. Be willing and ready to repent from your sins. See Acts 17:30
3. Believe that Jesus died on the cross for you, was buried, and rose from the dead. See Rom 10:9-10
4. Pray and invite Jesus to come into your life and become your personal savior. See Rom 10:13
5. Read and study the Holy bible and fellowship with other Christians. 

GOD BLESS!




1 comment:

  1. Chris sounds like a wise man! This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete