Thursday, November 1, 2012

Optimism

Strawberry Shortcake is known for her huge heart and her spirited, "can-do" attitude! Strawberry Shortcake may be itty bitty, but she's full of "Berry, big possibilities"! Every day is a "Berry good day" with Strawberry Shortcake around!  

We can all learn a valuable lesson from this sweet character who has enough optimism to fill a whole strawberry field!  With the right attitude, you can overcome any obstacle!

I have always been an optimist.  I recall a time when I was playing little league softball and my team was losing bad.  I could tell my Dad had had enough of watching and wanted to leave.   I shouted out to him from the dugout "Don't worry, I think we still have a shot at winning!"  He still teases me about that to this day, because I think the score was like 15-0 in the ninth inning.  But, I sure had optimism!  

My husband shakes his head at me sometimes, and thinks I live in a fairy tale, but I assure him it is just simply living optimistically and having a lot of FAITH!


Everyone needs a friend like strawberry shortcake!  I aspire to be that type of wife, mother, friend, and acquaintence!

We read in Matthew 10:16," Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves." We as Christians are among those in the world who will make it difficult for us. We just need to study diligently the word of God.  It really can be that simple!

My scripture verse for today:
Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.  Psalm 25:4-5


"However late you think you are, however many chances you think you have missed, however many mistakes you feel you have made or talents you think you don't have, or however far from home and family and God you feel you have traveled, I testify that you have NOT traveled beyond the reach of divine love. It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ's Atonement." 
-Jeffrey R. Holland

1 comment: