Thursday, November 8, 2012

Enlightened in 2012 - Part 2

I became a yo-yo-dieter.  I lost and gained the same 15 pounds three times over the course of one year.   I had let my weight define who I was.  I didn't love myself, and I was not letting anyone else love me either, including my husband.  Did I mention my turmoil over the last 10 years?  The details are really meaningless at this point, but let's just say it was pure turmoil!

I spent this entire year examining my turmoil with a new perspective, without blame.   Who am I to judge, right?

Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor? (James 4:11, 12 NIV)

I blamed everything, and everyone, including myself for my turmoil.   I prayed...but looking back now...they were empty prayers.  They were selfish prayers.  I have never been very patient either, I prayed according to MY will, not GOD's wills!   
      
This spring, my family started going to church...TOGETHER!  My husband was never one to pray, or attend church.  This was one of those prayers that tried my patience!  GOD needed me to trust HIM with this one, but I was nearing my rope if you know what I mean.  

I also began studying the bible this summer, and I continue to study Scripture daily.  I have always read scripture, but until recently did I study The Word.  There really is a big difference, and I highly recommend it.

I no longer let my weight define me.  I LIVE FOR JESUS!  CHRIST DEFINES ME!  

I am learning to seek GOD's WILL and I hope this blog is enlightening.  As I believe in my church's mission statement and understand it to be HIS will "to make followers of Jesus Christ who in turn make followers of Jesus Christ."

If you are not currently seeking GOD, I encourage you to find a good bible-based church.  I believe it is important for every believer to have a healthy church home where they can connect with other believers and grow in their faith.   MAY GOD BLESS YOU!






No comments:

Post a Comment